Tuesday, December 13, 2011

The Inaugural Rev Blog - Amzer Silicone Case

Good day everyone! Today I will mark the beginning of a new blog which i have decided to write on which is basically my reviews on everything and anything that interests me on my day to day life. It can range from websites, food, gadgets, books, places, events, sports...you got my point.

There are a lot of specialized blogs out there on certain topics and it does garner a faithful following if you have a topic of interest relating to those people. What I wanted was more of a random, new, fresh thing to talk about every other day which I experience or am inspired to write about on that particular day and share them thoughts with all of you out there.

So to start of my blog, I found it fitting to pick a totally random product to talk about which  is the Amzer Silicone Case which I had bought for my Nexus S mobile phone about 10 months back. And here is how it looks like:





I bought my Nexus S about 9 months ago, and having little faith in the plastic back and full screen panel on the front, I thought maybe, just maybe investing a little in a case would be good. Well, I would say it is one of the best decisions I have made yet this year. I know this must sound bizarre but by and large this little investment has saved me the cost of my mobile phone multiple times over.

It cost me about $9 off of E-bay and I had order it from the US so it came up to about $16 with the shipping and all. At first I thought would this be worth it and what with the multiple casings I was able to get for the same price but of inferior quality (but at that point, I thought, how much quality could there be in a silicone case?). It is a simple case made of silicone with cuts and grooves made fitting for the Nexus S. Since the phone fits inside the case on the front side the outlines of the case give a raised hinge kind of protection to the screen in case it falls on screen side. The four corners have extra bumper kind of protection which is sturdy and looks pleasing aesthetically as well.

I couldn't be more right to buy when I think about it in hindsight as I have dropped this phone unexpectedly countless of times indoors but more importantly it has fallen from my hands (butterfingers) not once but thrice on the road outdoors and I am proud to say this casing has saved the day. The latest incident happened when I was in Mumbai, India and as I was coming out of the taxi, my phone fell off from my lap on to the road facing down (on the screen side) and my friend even stepped on it as he got out behind me. When I picked it up, the case was all dirty with his shoe print, but my phone was thankfully unharmed. After some dusting and washing of the case, it looked just like when I had bought it. I know things like this are hard to imagine in this time and day but truly this product amazed me of its quality and now, I feel it is totally worth the price I paid for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment